Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Friday, January 13, 2012

I’m Not Alien, I’m Just Dark skin..


I Knew This Girl That Was So Dark, She Was Dark than You, Kamilah”



I never really paid attention to my skin complexion until I was in the 8th grade and my dean asked me “Kamilah, are you comfortable with your skin color.” I never really paid attention to race either, I just knew that I was Kamilah and I liked rock music watching MTV and dancing like I have no rhythm what so ever (I still don’t but who cares). Point is it wasn’t until I go older that my skin complexion or even the fact that I am a black female became the topic of discussion.

Lately I’ve been getting a lot of... Chat about me being dark skinned which has been bugging me.

Why should my skin complexion separate me from other people?

And its not really just me, a lot of males in New York City find light skinned females very attractive and they even take it a step further and have #TeamLightskin vs. #TeamDarkskin and that makes females insecure (I don’t care what you say it does make you insecure) by asking whether they are brown skin or dark skin. & a female will be damned if you dare to utter the word “your dark skin” to her. She will insist that shes brown skin. Whatever happened to the days where we were all happy that were black? It’s so hard to find people who haven’t been brain washed with the idea that if your dark skin you’re not accepted, & if your light skin you’re better then everyone that’s not your complexion

Wake UPPPPPPPPPP!

Stop the ignorance

We are all black we are all brothers and sisters and we shouldn’t be divided by skin complexion, we should be united under the idea that we are all black and our ancestors are from Africa (yes idc what you said if your Black YOUR ANCESTORS CAME FROM AFRICA!!!)

XOXO

Kamilah Badiane

0 comments: