Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Kenya On OFWGKTA


Hola mi amores, come esta?

Its yours truly KENYA back with my bullshit. Idk if Kamilah told you or not, but a couple of weeks ago she went to her first concert (yaaaay). She went to an OFWGKTA concert. Now if you are completely oblivious to life itself, OFWGKTA stands for Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All. It’s a super rap/skater group based in California started by this awesome guy called Tyler the Creator. In this group contains many rappers, singer, producers and skaters.

My first encounter with Odd Future started last year around this time when I was chilling with my guy friends discussing music. Now I’m just a music FANATIC ask me about hip hop and rap and I’ll make it a huge discussion. My friend Goes:

“Hey Milah, You heard this new album my Tyler the Creator called Goblin”

My reply “Uhm , know I don’t even know who that is”

He just looked at me with a blank stare and asked “What rock do you live under?”

So I went home with that on the back of my mind and proceeded with life carelessly (as usual). One morning while I’m getting ready for school, and was blasting MTV, I heard this dope beat. The beat was unusual and then I turn to the screen to see this black and white screen with a guy wrapping on a stool in a supreme hat playing with a roach. He eats the roach throw it up his eyes goes black and then he hangs himself. But besides that his rap was tuff, and I had to hear more so I looked up his lyrics and found the song “Yonkers” which I fell in love with. I found Tyler the Creator , so I download his album fell in love with it.

Months after listening to OF mixtapes albums and watching their videos I became obessesd with the group, they’re amazing and talented individuals that are just like us, non conforming teens that don’t need society to tell them that they “fit in or belong”

Check them out, Here are some of my faves:
The Internet - Cocaine
Tyler the Creator ft. Hodgy Beats - French!
Tyler the Creator ft. Frank Ocean - She

0 comments: